We not only dance at Art in Motion PGH…We explore the world!
We offer a wide variety of international dance forms along with traditional forms of Western dance. Scroll down to see our schedule and class descriptions.
Winter & Spring 2020 SCHEDULE
Monday Youth Classes
- 5:00-5:45 pm Butterfly Bellydance & Ballet, Creative Movement Class for ages 3-5 with Jen (This class is now closed to new registrations. Please drop us a line to be on the waitlist!)
Monday Adult Classes
- 6:00-7:00 pm Level 1 Bellydance with Jen
- 7:00-8:00 pm Level 2 Bellydance with Emily
- 8:00-9:00 pm Private rental
Tuesday Youth Classes
- 5:00 – 5:45 pm Cute-erpillar Toddler Dance, ages 18 months to 3 years with Lucy (front room) This class is now closed to new registrations. Please drop us a line to be on the waitlist
- 5:00 pm – 5:45 pm Classic Ballet ages 6-7 with Tricia (main room)
- 5:45 – 6:30 pm Latin Jazz Dance, ages 6-7 with Lucy (front room)
- 5:45 – 6:30 pm Classic Ballet ages 8-11 with Simon (main room)
- 6:30 – 7:15 pm Latin Jazz Dance, ages 8-11 with Lucy (front room)
Tuesday Adult Classes
- 6:30- 7:30 pm Movement & Flow Technique with Simon (main room)
- 7:30- 10:30 pm Pittsburgh West Coast Swing* (Tuition through PGH West Coast Swing)
Wednesday Youth Classes
- 5:00 – 5:45 pm, Lil’ Lightening Latin Jazz ages 3-5 with Carolyn (front room)
- 5:45 – 6:30 pm, Latin Jazz Dance, ages 6-7 with Lucy (front room)
Wednesday Adult Classes
- 3:00 – 4:00 pm Forever Young Dance
- 5:00 – 5:45 pmWellness for Dance with Tricia
- 5:45 – 6:30 pm Samba Jazz Technique with Iffie (main room)
- 6:30 – 7:30 pm– Samba Jazz Combos and Choreography with Cindy (main room)
- 7:30 – 8:30 pm -Samba Jazz Advanced, invite only, with Lucy
Thursday Youth Classes
- 5:00 – 5:45 pm, Butterfly Tap & Jazz ages 3-5 with Carolyn (front room)
- 5:45 – 6:30 pm, Intro to Tap & Jazz ages 6-8 with Carolyn (front room)
Thursday Adult Classes
- 6:00 -7:00 pm Tap Technique with Cindy
- 7:15 -8:15 pm Tap Combos & Choreography with Cindy
Friday Youth Classes
- 5:15-6:00 pm Bellydance, Ballet & Jazz, ages 6-10 with Jen
Friday Adult Classes
- 3:45-5pm Private rental
- 6:00 – 7:30 pm Tahitian Club workshop (3rd Friday of every month beginning in October) with Emily
- 10:00- 11:00 am Saturday Shimmies Bellydance with Jen, all levels (Main room)
- 1:00-2:00 pm Sambaton/Carnaval dance-fitness class
Saturday Youth Classes
- 10:00-11:00 am Lil’ Lightening latin jazz, ages 4-6 with Lucy (front room)
- 11:00 – 11:45 am Cute-erpillar Toddler Dance, ages 18 months to 3 years with Lucy (front room) This class is now closed to new registrations. Please drop us a line to be on the waitlist
- 11:00 -12:00 pm Hip Hop Saturday, ages 7-12 with Simon (front room)
- 12:00 – 1:00 pm LaTeen Jazz technique, ages 12-15 (main room)
- 12:00 – 1:00 pm Latin Jazz technique, ages 7-12 (front room)
- available for private intensives and rentals
Bellydance Mondays, Level 1 Technique and Training, with Jen. Bellydance Level I is perfect for beginners as well as those who want to refine their movements. Students will focus on increasing extension and isolations of basic bellydance moves through conditioning, drills, and combinations.
Saturday Shimmies! Adult Bellydance: This bellydance class welcomes all ages, levels, and genders. Jen teaches all those who want to dance their hearts out while enjoying an amazing workout. Saturday Shimmies captures the Golden Era Glam of vintage bellydance at its best! Swirling veils, zills (finger cymbals) and more!Classes include a short warm up and stretch, head to toe technique and conditioning, an explanation of what genre we will explore and its cultural/ historical roots, and short combinations that you can take home with you! We will often incorporate zills (finger cymbals) and veils; don’t worry, we have loaners! Class is suitable for ALL levels of experience. Modifications are always offered to accommodate each and every level of dancer. We can’t wait to dance with you!
Youth Bellydance Classes
Bellydance & Jazz: ages 6-10 with Jen Students will learn the basics of the bellydance exploring music, movement and rhythms with fun props like finger cymbals, veils and more. This age appropriate class features bellydance and ballet/jazz technique, choreographies, movement games, and an introduction to zilling (finger cymbals).
Butterfly Bellydance & Ballet, ages 3-5 with Jen. (Part of our Lil’ Dance Bug Program.) In this creative movement class, our young students will learn the basics of ballet, jazz, and bellydance exploring music, movement and rhythms in creative, whimsical ways. We use many props in this class…tutus, fairy wings, veils, finger cymbals, and fans in order to express the joy of dance and movement! This age appropriate class features bellydance and ballet technique, combinations, movement games, and an introduction to rhythms.
Samba/ Latin Jazz
Sambaton – Carnaval Dance Class, all levels, is a high energy workout with rhythms of Brazilian Samba MIXED with reggaeton dance and music with the smooth combinations of jazz dance! Shake your hips, feel sassy, and tone your body while having fun with us!
Pittsburgh West Coast Swing
Pittsburgh West Coast Swing- Art in Motion PGH class passes do not apply to this class. Please purchase passes directly from PGHWCS.
Introduction to Tahitian Dance with Emily. Explore the beautiful dance moves from the island of Tahiti! In this dance class we will cover traditional Tahitian hip movements and floor patterns that are used in the welcoming dance of Tahiti, the Tahitian Otea, not only will you learn these moves you will also learn how to correctly pronounce and understand the names for each of these key dance steps utilized to create Tahitian routines. This is a wonderful low impact workout that focuses on the isolation of the lower body while combining graceful arm movements.