We not only dance at Art in Motion PGH…We explore the world!
We offer a wide variety of international dance forms along with traditional forms of Western dance. Scroll down to see our schedule and class descriptions. Thank you and remember, our classes can also be attended via zoom!
September – December 2020 SCHEDULE
- 5pm Butterfly Ballet & Bellydance 3-5- with Jen
- 6pm Bellydance adults 1- with Jen
- 7pm Bellydance adults 2- with Emily
- 5pm- Ballet, ages 7-9, with Tricia
- 6 pm- Latin Jazz 3 ages 7-9, with Lucy (This class is closed. Please email us to be put on the waitlist)
- 7pm- Movement & Flow for Adults, with Simon
- 4:30pm – Latin Jazz ages 4-5, with Lucy
- 5:30pm – Latin Jazz ages 6-7, with Lucy
- 6:30pm – Adult Samba all levels, with Lucy
- 7:30 pm – Samba Group Practice (invite only)
Thursdays Tap classes are NOT available on zoom due to the nature of the competing sounds. Classes are in studio only.
- 5:30 pm – Taps for kids ages 6 & up, with Carolyn
- 6:30 pm – Adult Tap 1- with Cindy
- 7:30 pm – Adult Tap 2- with Cindy
- 4pm- Private rehearsal
- 5pm- Bellydance & Jazz ages 6 and up- with Jen
- 6:30pm Adult Workshop Series each class featured once per month (Tahitian Club, Afro Samba, etc)
Saturdays Toddler classes are NOT available on zoom. Classes are in studio only.
- 10am – Toddler Dance Class, ages 18 months-3 years, with Lucy
- 11am – Hip hop kids, ages 6 and up, with Simon
- 12pm – LaTeen Dance Class ages 10 and up, with Lucy
- 1pm Saturday Sessions for adults
- available for private intensives and rentals
Bellydance Mondays, Level 1 Technique and Training. Bellydance Level I is perfect for beginners as well as those who want to refine their movements. Students will focus on increasing extension and isolations of basic bellydance moves through conditioning, drills, and combinations.
Youth Bellydance Classes
Bellydance & Jazz: ages 6-10 with Jen Students will learn the basics of the bellydance exploring music, movement and rhythms with fun props like finger cymbals, veils and more. This age appropriate class features bellydance and ballet/jazz technique, choreographies, movement games, and an introduction to zilling (finger cymbals).
Butterfly Bellydance & Ballet, ages 3-5 with Jen. (Part of our Lil’ Dance Bug Program.) In this creative movement class, our young students will learn the basics of ballet, jazz, and bellydance exploring music, movement and rhythms in creative, whimsical ways. We use many props in this class…tutus, fairy wings, veils, finger cymbals, and fans in order to express the joy of dance and movement! This age appropriate class features bellydance and ballet technique, combinations, movement games, and an introduction to rhythms.
Samba/ Latin Jazz
Sambaton – Carnaval Dance Class, all levels, is a high energy workout with rhythms of Brazilian Samba MIXED with reggaeton dance and music with the smooth combinations of jazz dance! Shake your hips, feel sassy, and tone your body while having fun with us!
Tahitian Dance Club with Emily. Explore the beautiful dance moves from the island of Tahiti! In this monthly workshop, we will introduce many of the basic movements used in Ori Tahiti (Tahitian Dance) and use them to create combinations and choreography. This is a wonderful low impact workout that focuses on the isolation of the lower body while combining graceful arm movements. In this club, we will also share other resources about Tahitian dance and culture, so that we can continue to learn and improve our dance together! Join us on the third Friday of each month, in person or on Facebook live!
Beginner Tap Dance for Adults with Cindy. Love music? Need to move? This is the class for you! In Tappin’ Technique (Level 1), we will learn the basics of tap dance, experience different rhythms and throw in a little cardio just for good measure. Whether you have danced before or have always wanted to learn, you will be challenged in this class. If you don’t have tap shoes when the class starts, bring hard soled shoes (not sneakers) to dance in. Level 2, Choreo and Combos is a stand alone class and is geared to the intermediate to advanced tapper. For an added challenge, take both hours as this class builds on Tappin’ Technique and take sit to another level.
Movement & Flow Technique! This class explores classical forms of ballet and modern dance to build a technical foundation for movement. Participants increase somatic understanding through meditation and conditioning, while also exercising the mind with challenging movement combinations. This class helps to increase strength, balance, focus, and flexibility through a groovy, medium-impact training method. *This adult class is highly recreational; no experience required!
Pittsburgh West Coast Swing
Pittsburgh West Coast Swing- Art in Motion PGH class passes do not apply to this class. Please purchase passes directly from PGHWCS.