Come dance with us…ONLINE! At Art in Motion Pittsburgh, we not only dance around the world, but we dance in your living room! Ha! Beginning April 1st we are introducing ZOOM online classes with our instructors.
Get started with Zoom:
Zoom is a free app/online download. If you’d like to use your phone or tablet you can download the app through your Google Playstore or Apple App Store. If you are using your computer, you can download here: https://zoom.us/signup. You will need to have this app in order to participate in the class. This allows everyone to see each other and the teacher to answer any questions you have while also ensuring you are dancing safely and correctly. Classes will be 45 minutes, aloowing for some time to ask questions before and after class. Assuming you are dancing in your bedroom, basement, living room, etc. we can’t include large traveling steps, but will do our best to give you a complete class.
To register for a class: All classes will be 45 minutes long. For our smallest dancers, we will most likely have 35 minutes of dance and time for a craft or conversation at the beginning and end. For our older dancers, we will use a bit of time before and after class to check in! We miss you! Tell us how you are! For April we are offering the following ZOOM Packages. Click on the link and you will be directed to paypal:
- 1 class per week/ 4 classes per month: $35 / month
- 2 classes per week/ 8 classes per month: $50 / month
- Unlimited ZOOM package/family package (all our classes): $75/ month
- $10 Drop-ins (must register 24 hours in advance please!)
To join the class: Simply click on the link sent to you in your email once you have registered. That link will log you right in to the class (or waiting room if you’re a few minutes early). If you are having issues accessing the class feel free to email us at email@example.com.
What to wear: Dancers can wear whatever is comfortable to move in. If you’d like to put on leotard and tights, hip scarf, dance shoes, etc to have some “normalcy” during this time, feel free! If you want to wear pajamas, that is fine too.
What you need:
- Find any space that you can move around without too much around you.
- If the weather gets nice, feel free to dance outside!
- You may want a chair or wall to use as a barre.
- You can dance on carpet or hardwood/laminate, just make sure you wont kick anything.
- You also may want a space that you can lay on the ground comfortably so perhaps have a pillow or mat with you.
- For tap classes, if possible, find any floor in your house that isn’t carpet. Laminate, hard wood, etc. work best. Tile is difficult and sometimes too slippery.
All classes have been modified to accommodate a smaller space than the traditional dance studio, so you should be able to take class in your bedroom (great excuse to clean your room!), basement, family room, or kitchen.
Most teachers will also be teaching in their homes (some have created a few really unique spaces!) as well, so it’ll be a learning process for everyone!
Here is the ZOOM class schedule beginning April 1st:
ADULTS ZOOM SCHEDULE (We are still adding to the adult schedule so stay tuned!)
- MON 5pm Bellydance, all levels-Jen
- TUE 6pm Tahitian, with Emily
- WED 6pm Samba, all levels- Lucy
- THU 6pm Tap, all levels- Cindy
Kids ZOOM Classes
- MON 4pm Butterfly Ballet & Bellydance, ages 3-5- Jen
- TUE 5pm Ballet, ages 6-9- Tricia
- WED 4pm Latin Jazz, ages 4-6- Lucy
- WED 5pm Latin Jazz, ages 7-8- Lucy
- THU 5pm Latin Jazz, ages 9-14- Lucy
- FRI 4pm Bellydance & Jazz, ages 6 and up- Jen
- SAT 10am Toddler, ages 18 months to 3 years- Lucy
- SAT 11am Hip Hop, ages 6 and up- Simon
FACEBOOK LIVE STREAMING CLASSES: We are also continuing a few of our FREE/ By Donation Facebook streaming classes. You can check the current schedule HERE. We hope you will continue to enjoy them! If you do enjoy them, and have the ability to donate a little for the class, you can click HERE and send any amount you would like. However, if you are unable to donate, that is ok! We want you to dance with us!